A Lumber Sales Consultant provides fast, friendly service, and expert advice by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide solutions to their problems. Whether it’s over the phone, behind the desk or on the sales floor, customer service is their top priority and they will go above and beyond to exceed the customer’s expectations. Lumber Sales Consultants are positive, energetic, passionate individuals who excel under pressure and perform strongly in both individual and team environments.
- Successful applicants will be experienced with lumber and building supplies
- Retail sales experience is an asset
- Knowledge of building materials and operations
- Knowledge of Metric and Imperial measurements
- Knowledge of Profitmaster also an asset
- Able to demonstrate superior customer service in both individual and team environments
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with customers
- Strong mathematical background and the ability to accurately conduct routine calculations
- Ability to provide material estimates for projects including fences, desks, interior doors, finishing packages, and flooring etc.
- Strong problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Capable of heavy lifting and standing for long periods of time
- Able to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis
- Full Time
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule (Mon-Sat)
- We are closed Sundays and Holidays.
Please find & fill out our application & submit with a cover letter indicating why you are the perfect person for this position.
Application forms can be found in store at Guest Relations or at https://www.hhlloyd.com/careers.
Home Hardware Border City Building Centre would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.