The Purchaser/Receiver works closely with Yard Shipper/Receiver and LBM sales team to manage inventory logistics.
Purchase orders are created for weekly and special orders; vendor confirmations are reviewed and negotiated for optimum delivery and pricing, and receipts are generated upon arrival and inspection.
The Purchaser/Receiver is extremely attentive and thorough, ensuring confirmations are correct, damages are claimed and errors are rectified immediately.
They excel under pressure and display a positive, professional demeanor at all times.
Additionally, the Purchaser/Receiver oversees the daily duties conducted by the Inventory Controller, ensuring inventory is monitored and corrected as accurately and efficiently as possible.
Their enthusiastic nature coupled with strong leadership and personable attributes make them ideal candidates to train and mentor others.
Above all else, the Purchaser/Receiver utilizes their highly developed time management and organizational skills to remain updated on the status of everything at all times.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Firmly understands all core company values, policies and procedures
- Proficient with computer, preferably with data entry experience
- Strong mathematical background, preferably with purchasing or financial background
- Strong problem-solving skill set
- Personable and easily communicates with others
- Displays strong work ethic with highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Capable of working in both independent and team environments
- Displays a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis
- Maintains a flexible work schedule and can fulfill position’s requirements.